Bringing Access to Your Accounts, Your Way!
With Online Banking, you can keep in touch with your credit union accounts any time, from any place life takes you! If you have a computer and a connection to the Internet, you can use Online Banking to check balances, transfer money, and stay connected with your credit union accounts around the clock.
All You Need to Use Online Banking Is…
Connection to the Internet through an Internet Service Provider(ISP).
Internet browser software, such as the latest version of Internet Explorer or Firefox.
The browser must use a minimum of 128-bit encrytion. To check the encryption level, from the Help menu, choose About…and look for a cipher strength of 128-bit.
Remember that as security requirements and the Internet world change, so will these requirements. If you have trouble accessing Online Banking features, the first step is always to your browser software.
Tips for First-Time Users
The first time you log in to your accounts in online banking, you’ll need to enter your account number and temporary password. The temporary password is the last four digits of the primary’s Social Security number and the four digit birth year of the primary member. You’ll be required to change that to a permanent password and also set up a user name to be used in place of your member number in order to finish logging in the first time.
- To keep your accounts secure, choose a password that is easy for you to remember but difficult for others to guess.
- Don’t use a birthdate, or a child’s or pet’s name. Instead, use a combination of letters and numbers, or add symbols, or use combination of uppercase and lowercase letters to make it more difficult for someone to guess.
- Never write down your password or share it with others!
- Look for other tips on choosing a secure password when you log in for the first time.
After you log in, you’ll be asked to provide answers to three security questions that you get to choose. If you forget your password later, you’ll just need to anwser these questions and online banking will help you set up a different password and get logged in.
Connecting to Online Banking
- Enter www.lakescommunitycu.org in the address line of your browser software.
- When on our website, enter your account (or username, if you have one) and click ‘Submit’.
- Enter your password and click ‘Submit’. If you have logged in before, you will also need to answer one of your chosen security questions, now.
- First time users, follow the instructions on your screen to change your temporary user name and temporary password and set up your security questions and other settings.
- When that account summary screen appears, you are in!
*If you are an owner on more than one credit union membership, ask us about setting up controls to make it easy to see or jump between your accounts in online banking.
See/Jump Forms available
One of the new features on our improved Online Banking is the See/Jump to another account that you are joint on without logging off. Click here to download the form.